Thursday 4 March 2010

Judgemental Doctor.


I finally went to the doctors today after becoming fed up with not being able to sleep. Was feeling v.positive, spoke to a lovely old man at the bus stop about the weather! didn't even mind when extremely smelly (different) man sat next to me on the bus.

A hop skip and a jump and I was there!

I should have known things wouldn't last when the 4 year old sitting in the waiting room looked at me and said "Daddy that boys got a can of coke" (it wasn't actually coke, it was Doctor Pepper, but thats not the point). Anyway! after sitting in the waiting room for 20 minutes I felt something was wrong so went to ask the receptionist where I should be waiting; turns out it was upstairs all along....so, off I stomp up the stairs (which by the way, were the type where whoever is sitting underneath e.g the ENTIRE waiting room, has the ability to see up your skirt if looking in the right direction- completely inappropriate for a doctors surgery.) okay so I get upstairs where I have the pleasure of 3 screaming children, one of which had a suspicious red rash on its face. Luckily the doctor called me in straight away but then the really bad stuff happened...

I was explaining to him how much I could'nt sleep, kept awake by anxiety, stress blah blah....he finally prescribed me with the medication I was dying to get then thoughtfully and kindly added "If its any consolation... Margaret Thatcher only got 4 hours sleep a night" to which I replied "exactly, and look what happened there" a small silence followed and then the doctor (who was, I must add,of Indian descent)looked at me and said "Just how far back does that skinhead go?"

Great.

So, I grabbed my prescription and got the hell out of there...

as fast as my DM's could carry me.

No comments:

Post a Comment